If you've ever wanted to make authentic, delicately rolled-up puff pastry from scratch, this is the recipe for you. Light, fast... and delicious!
Homemade pastry puff usually make very few appearances outside restaurants and banquet halls, but the good news today is that you can make them without all the hours and elbow grease.
12-16 golf-ball-sized puff
- 250g milk
- 5g salt
- 5g sugar
- 100g butter
- 125g flour
- 150g eggs (3 eggs)
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Combine milk with salt, sugar and butter in a pan. Heat until it boils.
- Add the flour, at once, and stir until the dough stiffens.
- Put it in a mixing bowl and beat continuously.
- Add eggs, one at the time, beating well to incorporate completely after each addition.
- Transfer the mixture to a piping bag.
- Pipe the mixture (well spaced) onto a greased backing sheet/tin. If piping bag is not available, just spoon the mixture onto the sheet/tin.
- Sprinkle a bit with sugar (opt).
- Bake for 15 min until well risen and golden brown in color.
- When cooled, fill with whipped cream or chocolate cream.