20-30 min (cook barley time)
4, 1 cup each
· 200 g barley
· 20 Cherry Tomatoes
· 10 Small Mozzarella (or 1 big)
· 1 Steamed Corn
· 1 Cup Caper
· 1 Cup homemade pesto (or packed one)
· 1 Cup fresh basil leaves
- Add salt to cooked barley and set aside.
- In a separate bawl add all the condiments and toss them.
- Pour barley into the condiment bawl and mix together.
- Leave it in the fridge for a couple of hours and serve it cool.
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
- Tip -to cook barley: Place in a saucepan, cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until just tender, about 30-40 minutes (20 min if you use a pressure cooker). Drain and rinse under cold water.