Black beans are a tasty non-meat source of iron, which is key to high energy and strong immunity.
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 Large sweet potatoes (about 1 1/2 lb), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Tsp salt, divided
- 1/2 Tsp freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4 Cup fresh lime juice, plus wedges for garnish
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 Can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup thinly sliced orange or red bell pepper
- 1/2 Cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1/3 Cup chopped fresh mint
- 4 Cups baby arugula
- Heat oven to 375°. On a baking sheet coated with cooking spray, place potatoes in a layer; sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Bake until tender, 15 minutes; let cool.
- In a bowl, whisk juice, vinegar, garlic, remaining 1/2 tsp salt and remaining 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Add potatoes, beans, tomatoes, bell pepper, scallions and mint; toss; serve over arugula, and garnish with lime wedges.
283 calories, 2 g fat (0 g saturated), 58 g carbs, 14 g fiber, 11 g protein