- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon (1 tbs)
- 1 ½ Tbs lemon juice
- ½ Tbs Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and fresh grounded black pepper
- 1 Lb brussels sprouts, trimmed, leaves separated *
- 2 Tbs pumpkin seeds, toasted**
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- Whisk lemon zest and juice and mustard in a small bowl.
- Gradually add oil, whisking to emulsify, and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss dressing with brussels sprout leaves and pumpkin seeds.
- Gently stir in avocado and adjust seasoning.
Nutritional Value (per serving):
166 cal; 13 g fat (2g sat fat); 0 mg chol; 10 g carb; 170 mg sodium, 4 g protein; 5 g fiber.
*I like to put the sprouts in boiling water for 30 seconds –1 minute maximum!- so they become a bit softer and it is easier to separate the leaves.
** I also added few pecans to my salad.. gorgeous!